1. During every Video Insight installation a unique Server ID is created in the registry and Database. Changing the server name will not affect the SQL database connection.
2. It is always good practice to back up your SQL database when making major changes to ensure Video Insight information is not lost. This backup can also be used if the Server ever needs to be replaced or reformatted. Backup and Restore procedures can be found on our public facing KB site www.video-insight.com/kb along with many other topics.
3. Video Insight uses SQL Express. The max file size of the SQL database is 10GB. For licensed versions of SQL there is no inherent limit to the DB size. Keep in mind that your database should never grow to 10GB.
4. Video is never stored within a SQL database.
5. All Video Insight passwords are encrypted inside the SQL database.
6. If the SQL Service that a Video Insight server is connected to happens to stop running, the Video Insight Monitor station will not be able to authenticate users as it will still try to check the SQL database for VI permissions.
7. If the SQL Service that a Video Insight server is connected to happens to stop running, web client will not work and typically an SQL error will be presented in the browser when trying to connect.
8. The default instance that Video Insight uses to connect to the SQL database is MSSQLSERVER set with mixed mode with an SA account and password.
9. SQL Express and SQL Management Studio downloads can be found at www.downloadvi.com under Tools/Utilities.
Video Insight Support Phone Number: 713.621.9779
Video Insight Support Email Address: email@example.com